Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Guides or Other Help Topics

3 posters

Go down

Request for Guides or Other Help Topics Empty Request for Guides or Other Help Topics

Post  ShadowWolf Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 pm

This is the place to request help or guides written. Some of us are new and need help, or would like to learn all the tips and tricks. Some of us are seasoned veterans and are willing to dole out the help, tips, and tricks. This is the place to make the two meet! So if there's something that's been bugging you or something that's giving you trouble or something you'd just like to know more about, here's the place to request one of the veterans write up a how to guide, or a help manual.

How do I ascend faster? What's the point of ascending? Hardcore looks -really- hard, is it worth it? How can I make my day 1 more productive? I'm having trouble with the level [X] quest. What's the best way to do the hippy/frat war?

The veterans are here to provide insight and offer help.

NOTE: This is the topic for -requesting- help or guides. Answers and discussion should be vectored to another topic inside this forum.
ShadowWolf
ShadowWolf
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Request for Guides or Other Help Topics Empty Re: Request for Guides or Other Help Topics

Post  Foxy Boxy Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:11 am

Here is another idea for some guides. A guide for each class. Having just ascended as a Pastamancer and having only ever played one once, I would love a guide for this class. It may help newer plaers of players like me when they try a new class out.

Anyone got any ideas on that?
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Request for Guides or Other Help Topics Empty Re: Request for Guides or Other Help Topics

Post  ShadowWolf Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:22 pm

ShadowWolf wrote:Here is another idea for some guides. A guide for each class. Having just ascended as a Pastamancer and having only ever played one once, I would love a guide for this class. It may help newer plaers of players like me when they try a new class out.

Anyone got any ideas on that?

There are some good "how to"s covering the basics on the KoL wiki, I can dig them up if you can't find 'em, I usually search for "strategy" and get the various strategy categories.

That being said, I'll be ascending tonight or tomorrow night (got my basementing done, just shy of level 30 so once I hit 30 I'll be ascending) and thus will be starting on my day-by-day how to hardcore. My new class will be Sauceror and while there are some significant differences in play style between PM and Sauceror, they share a lot of the same strategies both being myst classes. So that may help you in the short term, though it will be HC vs. your current SC run.

Basic PM fight style is use Entangling Noodles in the first round, use Springy Fusilli to get +init for the first action in combat, and then I preferred Cannoli Cannon (I think that's the name, the level 4 spell) because it was 7 MP for decent damage. Make a chefstaff as soon as you can, it'll be easier in SC to do so. The +spell damage % is very nice. PMs get pasta ghosts, which are like familiars that you summon in combat. I prefer the spice ghost (found from scintillating powder in the Haunted Kitchen) because he hinders your enemies which further helps in combat, and drops spices for foods. The angel hair pasta ghost (found in the Defiled Niche in the Cyrpt) is also very nice since he gives you volleyball-like bonus stats.

At lower levels (until around the valley of rotflmao / level 9) you may want to use a ranged weapon and pretend to be a moxie class, pumping moxie via hairspray and items. That way you avoid getting hit with high moxie and don't have to worry about MP by casting spells to attack. I see you're running two haiku katanas, if that works for you great, just try to bump up your +init so you avoid getting hit and try your best to one-hit kill. Remember that ben-gal balms give +muscle like hairspray gives +moxie.

For familiars, you may need a +MP familiar (star starfish, cocoabo, ghuol whelp) at times to power spells. Also against tougher monsters a levitating potato (blocks enemy attacks) can be very helpful. This is over and above the usual advice for volleyballs for levelling and fairies for areas where you need item drops.

That's the gist. If you have specific questions, feel free to post them here. We can spin this off into a separate thread if needed.

Remember to equip your binder (free pull, even in HC) and collect hobo codes!
ShadowWolf
ShadowWolf
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

how bout a guide for people of VERY high lvls and how to lvl up even more. like a guide for people lvl 45 - 50.

Back to top Go down

Post  gothictranquility Tue May 27, 2014 2:20 pm

You know what I would really like? More insight into the skill changes and everything that has happened in the last year or so- the new challenge paths etc. I am feeling super overwhelmed by everything, but really want to get back into it.

gothictranquility
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down