Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faxing A Big Butt First Thing

+2
catchops
Honoke
6 posters

Go down

Faxing A Big Butt First Thing Empty Faxing A Big Butt First Thing

Post  Honoke Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Has anyone tried faxing in a 1000ML butt first thing in a hardcore run?

It would be 250 substats right off the bat (more with a sombrero), if you can get initiative and disintegrate it.

I can't get initiative with my skill set, but maybe someone else can?

~Honoke

Honoke
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Faxing A Big Butt First Thing Empty Re: Faxing A Big Butt First Thing

Post  catchops Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 pm

I used to do it in HCO with pumpkin bombs. That was definitely not optimal. You don't need skills to get the jump; the butt should never get the jump.

You get ~130 mainstat, which puts you mid-late level 3. It doesn't take too many skills or adventures to get there just by running your stat familiar and ML in the unavoidable level 1, 2, 3 zones, so I think it would only be worth it if it gives you some skill that speeds those up or lets you use better day 1 consumables somehow.

I'm pretty clueless about HC Zombies, but I know people have talked about this as a possible HCZ fax. I guess you'd use bear hugs instead of the more valuable yellow rays, so there's less opportunity cost, but I still don't know what the early levels win you. Better brains day 1? It's not that hard to get decent brains but seems very hard to get good brains.

catchops
Forum Family
Forum Family

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  partybasher Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

A couple of good day one faxes are-
dairy goat: milk of mag means +10 adv day one (assuming you've got saucecrafting). as a bonus- one less goat cheese. (not a big deal if you can cap drops, but still nice)

sleepy mariachi: if you have a hatrack or fancypants familiar, this is probably the way to go. Important notes: you CAN cast entangling noodles once for each form, but if your hebo keeps going red/blue/red/blue you're still screwed. It's very unlikely, but it happened to me once.

If you have an obtuse angel, faxing & copying a ghost isn't bad- it can't hurt you, and it has nice drop-rates for white pixels.
OR, if you have olfaction, you can fax in the first blooper before even going in the 8-bit realm.

The last two are far behind though. Assuming you have a hatrack/fancypants, sleepy mariachi is the way to go- capping item drops is THE most important thing in HC. (IMHO, naturally)

partybasher
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Splaterpunk Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 pm

I like faxing in the lobstermen, also. I usually start around Level 8 or so, and that gets one of the island levels done, by the time I get to it
Splaterpunk
Splaterpunk
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

If you have access to some kind of yellow ray mechanism (e.g. he-boulder, pumpkin bomb, etc.) then I'd strongly recommend a day 1 dairy goat for the reasons mentioned here. +10 turns on day 1 is nothing to sneeze at and can go a long way to cracking the Day 1 Liver of Steel problem. With Impetuous Sauciness it's actually +15 turns.

In my 4-day normal HC runs Days 2-4 are all lobsterfrogmen for the reasons SP mentions. The less time you spend in the Beach, the better.

For my Zombie runs, I found myself doing ASCII arts. And once an irate mariachi in a failed attempt to Smash/Graaah a mariachi G string for the NS tower without having to farm it.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunsel Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 am

I agree with what is posted here. I would add one thing though.

If you find you are not able to get to a high enough level to eat/drink the food you want I'd suggest the bigbutt on day 1. This will give you the boost you need to eat the consumables you should be eating which will give you the adventures you would have gained by goat milk etc.

Once day one leveling isn't a problem the other fax options are better with the sleepy mariachi being the best for moxie classes in HC who have a hat/pants rack.
Dunsel
Dunsel
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down