Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1 Liver

+2
Foxy Boxy
Zagadka
6 posters

Go down

Day 1 Liver Empty Day 1 Liver

Post  Zagadka Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Yay! Had my first day 1 liver today (although I suppose i could have done it a long time ago, but I finally got my lazy ass in gear). I had some terrible RNG ownage with the sewer though so it took forever to unlock the island. I also had some poor management of MP and at one point lost 40 points b/c I forget to renew magical. (Also horribly beaten up by covered in slime which I forgot about, but that is something else) Very sad.

As a side note, last ascension I went ahead and used tomb rats to unlock Ed and actually completed the nuns as frat efficiently. I should keep doing this as it allowed me to complete Ed, lvl12, the HitS, and ascend all in one day.

So here is to my attempts at being slightly more optimal. Hooray! Now watch me get busy irl and magically add four days to this ascension :-p
Zagadka
Zagadka
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Day 1 Liver Empty Re: Day 1 Liver

Post  Foxy Boxy Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 am

Congrats all around! I've been tantalizingly close to Day 1 liver the last couple (non BM) runs, getting about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through the normal part of the Friar's quest before running out of steam. This usually involves eating some before level 6 so that I get maybe one hell ramen in on day 1. I've yet to try sewer leveling, mostly because I don't yet have the sauce spells permed. Soon, baby.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zagadka Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 pm

For the sewer leveling, I use "Bonus Adventures from Hell" clan sewer (which anyone can whitelist to) because it has a perpetual sewer bitch specifically for this purpose.

To defeat the monsters, I just used jackass, flavor of magic, magical, over-developed sense, immaculate seasoning, jabernero, bander, springy fusilli, saucegeyser, noodles, and sugar chapeau. The VIP buff was nice for mp and plus damage, but with the bander, it wasn't necessary to survive.

So really, you only need 3 sauce spells to make this work effectively.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 pm

I tried sewer leveling for the first time today and holy crap!

I made level 6 on day 1, which I'd never done before. And I can see day 1 liver in my grasp, though I was about 30 turns short today (got the first Azazel piece by day's end). Day 1 hell ramen tastes so good.

My critical error as a beginner to this tactic was pretty basic. I ate a pumpkin pie very early, then ate a fortune cookie. That's, um, 4 fullness. So I could only eat one hell ramen and since I completely screwed up my first SR I was eating a boring spaghetti and a side of crap instead of anything decent.

Plus I got too distracted by side projects and started the L6 quest about 20 turns late.

It was actually pretty easy all things considered. I started at level 3ish with about 9 base myst (I'm currently TT) and cast MMM plus things like chef hat and mascara to get myst up in the mid-20s. Flavor and Jackass, running with a sugar chapeau and myst pool table buff for +100% and +22 damage. Round 1, noodles; Round 2, Stringozzi Serpent (does about 140 + 70); Round 3, Cannelloni Cannon (does about 85, plus 35 more from previous Serpent).

I only got about seven good turns out of 10 (from myst buff) because I got unlucky with some RNG (a lot of gators, lower damage Stringozzis combined with no critical noodle). But it was enough to get me from mid-level 3 to mid-level 5. In seven turns.

Yeah, no day 1 liver. But I'm so close I can TASTE it.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Foxy Boxy wrote:Yeah, no day 1 liver. But I'm so close I can TASTE it.

Day 1 Liver gotten, not once but twice in the two runs between the one referenced above and now. And both of these Day 1 Livers were done in the new Pandemonium / Organ of Steel Revamp. I don't think it is necessarily faster or slower under the new Pandemonium (vs. the old 30 turns for 3 objects, up to 10 turns elsewhere) but you're pretty much spending all your turns in Pandemonium, vs. being able to juice up to 10 turns elsewhere before getting your organ. And I used to be able to farm a lot more hellion cubes under the old method, since I'd olfact hellions and still be encountering them working for my Steel.

And on the plus side, I think I might make 4-day HCNP this run for the first time. I'm in day 3, level 11 and farting around in the pyramid; previously I'd be pretty happy if I was at that point in day 4, during 5-dayers. Come on RNG, don't screw me tonight!
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Raug Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Hey thats awesome Foxy!
I should be on around rolloverish today so I expect a semi-running commentary.

Raug
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Raug wrote:Hey thats awesome Foxy!
I should be on around rolloverish today so I expect a semi-running commentary.

Unfortunate on two counts. One, it was -yesterday- (Thursday night) that I was on after rollover. Two, I didn't make it. Quite poor RNG in some areas (e.g. bad luck getting all the wheel NCs in the pyramids, bad luck getting the right junkyard gremlins to show up, awful luck finding the mariachi calavera I needed for the marzipan skull - I'd already used my fax that day on a lobsterfrogman) meant I wound up frustratingly short. I went into the Hedge Maze section with only five turns left. Which wasn't going to get me through the Hedge Maze, up the tower, and to the NS.

Ah well. At least I know it's possible. And all this with no relevant stat days.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  NoodlyAppendage Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks to the updated Hey Deze, it looks like a Day 1 liver might be a little easier to grab now. The comedy club and arena are both doable in just about 30 turns or less total, and now you don't have to burn adventures waiting for Azazel to show up. And now we get decent drops from the comedy club too (MP regeneration is my anti-drug), so good times!
NoodlyAppendage
NoodlyAppendage
Forum Family
Forum Family

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Paugus Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:31 am

I got my first day 1 liver today. I've been close before, but always seemed to get to Azazel with 10 turns left. Perming -combats and +items definitely helped. Maybe I can shave a day or two off of my runs from now on.

Paugus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  catchops Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I was so very close today, but I got caught by rollover. Cleared the friars with 50 adv left and sniffed a serialbus first turn in the Arena and was well on my way. The one dark spot was they were hitting me, but I'm sure I would have eventually thought to use the hatter buff.

Lesson learned: Don't cook dinner.

catchops
Forum Family
Forum Family

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Paugus Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:48 am

I still haven't even used a DRINK ME potion yet. I have way too much other garbage to worry about multitasking, I guess I just haven't really investigated how the hatter buff can be used well in-run, save for spanglyness.

Paugus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 am

Paugus wrote:I still haven't even used a DRINK ME potion yet. I have way too much other garbage to worry about multitasking, I guess I just haven't really investigated how the hatter buff can be used well in-run, save for spanglyness.

I don't use it nearly as much as I should (that is, not once a day in ideal situations) but there are a few that are helpful in spot situations:

1) snorkel (bought from armory / leggery) - +10 moxie, nice for low level boost
2) filthy knitted dread sack (you need this anyway for starting the war / fruit for drinks) - +40% meat, great for the nuns
3) reinforced beaded headband (you should get at least one of these from the war) - +5 familiar weight, a nice boost for low-skill to get your familiar up to 20# for the NS tower

There are many more, but these are the few that I have used in the past.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  catchops Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:05 pm

There's a +50 HP buff which I use early in runs when I'm taking on more than I should, and a +20ML which I've used occasionally when feeling my oats. The +10 mainstat buffs can really help with location mainstat requirements, e.g. the bedroom.

catchops
Forum Family
Forum Family

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum