Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All About Trophies

4 posters

Go down

All About Trophies Empty All About Trophies

Post  Foxy Boxy Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:44 am

I've gotten a couple of trophy questions in the last couple weeks, so I thought I'd start a trophy forum. General trophy questions can be found starting here at the KoL wiki page for trophies. Find the trophy you're interested in, and click on the name to find instructions (and spoilers!) on how to get them.

If you have specific questions, you can post them here. Furthermore, if you've got tips and tricks for some of the trophies this would be a good spot for them.

For example, I'm almost done with the Sauceror Nemesis trophy (Color Wheel of Yuck) and I've noticed a couple things. Firstly, after reading up on the exact progression of the Sauceror Nemesis quest, it became clear that the fastest way to do it is to WAIT to finish the actual quest and instead farm all the vials of slime you'll need. Once you kill Lumpy, you can't farm the Lobby for vials of slime any more, instead getting 10 vials per day maximum. I was farming maybe 140-150 per day just grinding the Lobby and will have finished it in 2 days with a little overflow. Since you need 273 vials (per the wiki) minimum, that's weeks of time getting them 10 per day.

To get the vials of slime, you need to kill slimes with the bottle of Gu-Gone. This does an average of 15-20 points of damage per use and seems to take ~8-10 turns to kill. VERY tedious. However, it appears that you only need to kill the slime with the Gu-Gone (i.e. that's the finishing blow). What I wound up doing was casting Cannelloni Cannon on autoattack, and with max myst cap damage, a Staff of the Woodfire for +100% damage and a bumboozer marble for +spell damage, I was doing 120-140 damage on the first attack. Then, I'd only need 1-2 sprays to finish them off and get the vial of slime. A critical spell will kill them for no slime, but the exchange was worth it for my sanity. Like most farming endeavors, this was probably begging for Mafia but hey.

Another warning: DO NOT USE CHAT MACROS to cook slimes via discoveries. Since there will be multiple recipes for a given vial of slime after a certain point, the logic is very foolish in how it chooses to follow your instructions. For example, I wanted to make a batch of green slime easily in order to start getting some of the advanced slime discoveries. I tried "/cook 6 vial of green" to make 6 vials of green slime. It decided that since "vial of green slime + vial of green slime = vial of green slime" was a valid recipe for green slime, it would first make six vials of green slime out of 12 yellow / blue slimes, then a second batch of 6 green slimes out of an additional 12 yellow / blue slimes, and then take those 6 green slimes and 6 green slimes and cook them together to make the "final" 6 vials of green slime. Thus wasting 12 yellow / blue slimes, 6 green slimes, and 12 charges on my chef-in-the-box. I'm not sure how Mafia handles cooking via discoveries, but this may be a warning for Mafia users as well.

Because of the chance for mishap, and the aforementioned limitation in acquiring vials of slime post-Lumpy, I'd strongly recommend getting the trophy in your hot little hands before going on to finish the rest of the quest and kill Lumpy.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

All About Trophies Empty Trophies

Post  nimrod_1 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm

The thing that helped me most when I started was checking out the KOL Wiki. I found out what the trophies were and got an idea on how to get them.
nimrod_1
nimrod_1
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

All About Trophies Empty Time-saver

Post  Coorong Jack Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 am

If you use Mafia, there's a script that will do all the vial recipes for you, telling you how many of each primary colour you still need, and even replacing your chef from inventory or the mall, if you have the parts or the meat. I think you might need a pretty recent version of Mafia, but it works fine in the current version, v14.0.

It also got me three trophies for the price of one - well, actually for the price of three, but the effort of one Smile - because these count towards the normal food recipe trophies.

Also worth noting that you'll need a couple more of each primary colour than the 91 the script requires, because you use up all the tertiary colour vials you create, so you'll still need to get the one that gives you the Slimeform effect you need to progress in the quest.

Last edited by Coorong Jack on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Memory like a sieve)
Coorong Jack
Coorong Jack
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

All About Trophies Empty Re: All About Trophies

Post  Zagadka Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Thank you for posting the slime vial script Jack. I was looking for it earlier today. I shall be running it tomorrow once I finish collecting all my vials. I'm glad I didn't do that by hand, because it would take forever....although I know how foxy likes his spreadsheets and all... Very Happy
Zagadka
Zagadka
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 am

Zagadka wrote:although I know how foxy likes his spreadsheets and all... Very Happy

I do!
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Coorong Jack Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 am

If it had been 10 or 12 recipes I might have had a go at doing them myself. 91 ... well, I don't love spreadsheets that much!
Coorong Jack
Coorong Jack
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down